Rockin' in the New Year!
For those about to Rock!..............we salute you!!!
Happy New Year everyone! I don' know about you but I, for one, am so excited to say good-bye to 2008 and "Hello, Baby!" to 2009! We had a rough year last year, and I am hopeful that this year will be different! So very hopeful!
We decided to stay home this year and just have a little family celebration. It was actually really fun! Like.......... a lot of fun. We started off with a Guitar Hero marathon. We all dressed up like rock stars and got our groove on. The kids thought it was the funniest thing ever.

For some reason, the boys think that dressing up like Rock Stars means no shirt. Caiden gave himself a mo-hawk, and Blaise wore Jason's Shaggy wig. He looked like Uncle Rico to me!

Jason and I even got into the act.

"My Mom can rock! "
"Oooohhhhhh! She is pretty groovy!"
"YEAH!!!!"
Avery was so cute. She only tried one song, then she was content with being a groupie!
Caiden was the funniest. He really thinks he is a rock star!! If I believed in putting cheesy bumper-stickers on my car I would get one that says "My kid can rock harder than your kid!"
After our concert was done we settled into our PJ's, and watched a movie. We ate popcorn, brownies, candy, soda................we kinda went crazy!
Avery was out by 10:30.
After the movie we watched VH1's top 50 hard rock songs of all time. The boys loved it. Caiden was fighting to stay awake, and he finally went to bed at 11:45!!! Blaise was determined to stay up until midnight. At about 5 til, he was so excited and asked "What's gonna happen at midnight? Is the power going to go out?" I think he was bummed that nothing happened at midnight. Hee hee!!
We watched the ball drop, blew a few horns, pulled some confetti bombs, and called it a night.
Have a ROCKIN' 2009 everyone!!!

6 comments:
Looks like you had a blast. You know how to bring in the new year! Let's hope 2009 is better for everyone!
seriously, how much does this totally rock...i think you already accomplished one of your resolutions (#2)!
LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A ROCKIN' GOOD TIME. I LOVE IT, RINGING IN THE NEW YEAR WITH YOU KIDS WAS ALWAYS MY FAV.
ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rock on Herberts!!!! Eat your heart out Osbourne family!
PS LOVE the spandex tights....you go girl!!!!
LOVE your header! SO cute!
How fun!! I love that you did this!!! The kids look like they had a BLAST!
I love it, what a fun night! You all look so cute. I bet the kids had a blast. I think Blaise looks like Uncle Rico too, hee hee!
Post a Comment