Why I should be the Sego Lily Blogger
So, this has been a bit difficult for me, but I've decided I need to get a job.
With the economy the way it is, and what they say is right,.....money doesn't grow on trees. Times are getting tough.
So the Hubby and I talked about it and really thought about what things we could cut out so that I wouldn't have to get a job, because let's face it, I don't like to work.
We considered saving on electricity. I decided to wear a head flashlight, you know you Velcro a flashlight to your head, while I am cooking dinner and such in the evening. This just made me look really goofy and gave me a headache.
I tried convincing the kids that snacks weren't cool. That showing discipline and waiting for dinner was what all the cool kids did. Apparently my kids don't care if they aren't in the "in" crowd. I feel sorry for them. I mean how will they survive in high school?
I tried to explain to the hubby that the reason I wasn't shaving my legs very often was not in fact that I was lazy, but I was trying to save money on razors, shaving cream and water. He didn't buy it.
I tried to convince myself that I didn't need new shoes. But honestly, I can't lie to myself about such important things.
So the job search began. And it was like a sign from Heaven. There it was. The PERFECT job! I swear I heard angels singing.
Sego Lily Spa is searching for a blogger. The job requirements are to receive FREEEeeeeee spa treatments (for a year!) and to blog about them. I have to be physically able to receive my treatments (I AM!!) and if I got preggers someone else would have to take over my position. Um,ya, that ain't happening. So I'm totally a great candidate!
I was a bit concerned with telling the hubby about my dream job, because after all, it's doesn't put money in our pockets, but it does SAVE us money. So the kids can have snacks again, and I can stop wearing my goofy headlight, and I can shave my legs again............well, maybe not, who are we kidding!
So I prepared an argument, I mean after all, I need to act more like a business woman if I am going to get a job. I explained to the Hubby why I would be perfect for this job, and how it's one that I can really be excited about. I wasn't trying to glamour it up though, I was being realistic. I explained to him that if I was going to be entering the work field I would need a little help around the house. ESPECIALLY on the day that I worked. I mean getting spa treatments would take a lot out of me!
After he listened to my proposition he agreed that being the Sego Lilly Blogger would be exactly the answer we were looking for.
Then he reminded me that I would need to shave more regularly to go into my spa treatments.
No one ever said work was easy!
And if you are in the area and need a nice relaxing day of "work" go check them out.
http://www.segolilydayspa.com/

4 comments:
Wow Heather, you are so generous to sacrifice your time to get such a grueling job. How ever will you get out of bed in the morning knowing what work lies ahead? =)
This sounds totally awesome and you would be perfect for it. Good luck!
Oh Sweetie, as your Mother I'm very concerned about this. I think you are just taking on WAY to MUCH, I mean seriously, spending an entire day trying to be cordial to people who are waiting on you hand and foot (literally), having to give back the fluffy white robe at the end of the day, and don't forget about the Razor Burn! {insert horror film scream}
Please, take care of your self, and try not to over do.
Please, please, promise me that if it gets to be too much for you that you will let me take over for you. I know, I know, that is so generous, but that's what Mom's do.
hahahahaha!!! You make me laugh! I love it! I just wished we lived closer!
Wouldn't that be an awesome job?!
Post a Comment